This refreshing mango matcha latte combines your favourite matcha latte with fresh mango puree for a fruity and delicious drink.
This iced mango matcha latte is one drink you need to try for your mornings or warmer months. If you love the taste of matcha green tea, you'll love this variation on a matcha latte.
The addition of mango puree is a little unexpected but it works surprisingly well. It's like the perfect mix of a mango matcha smoothie and a latte. Plus, this drink looks incredible with its two distinct mango and matcha layers.
Why you'll love this recipe
- This mango matcha latte is delicious and refreshing!
- The mango is a nice fruity twist to a regular matcha latte.
- This drink is so easy to make and customizable. It can be made vegan or dairy-free just by switching up the milk and sweetener.
- The layers in this drink make it look unique and gorgeous!
- Mangoes - I would recommend using fresh, ripe mangoes over frozen. Peel & cut them into pieces. Frozen mangoes are often unripe and are more sour but if you have some that you love, go for it! If you're using frozen mangoes, thaw them at room temperature or in the microwave before using otherwise they will be hard to blend since you won't be adding any additional liquid.
- Matcha powder - Use your favourite high quality ceremonial grade matcha powder.
- Hot water
- Liquid sweetener - Use honey or agave nectar. You can also just use granulated sugar but stir it into the hot water well so that it dissolves.
- Milk - You can use any dairy or non-dairy milk that you prefer.
- Ice - Adjust to your own preference.
How to make a mango matcha latte
Blend the mangoes - In a personal blender cup, blend mango chunks until pureed. Set aside.
Whisk the matcha - Sift matcha powder into a small bowl. Add hot water and whisk for 15-20 seconds until foamy. Add the sweetener.
Put together drink - Fill your glass about ¼ full with the mango puree. Add ice. Pour in milk until almost full and finish by pouring matcha on top. Stir together before enjoying!
This mango matcha latte is best made fresh and enjoyed right away. If you must store it, cover and chill it in the fridge for up to a few hours.
Tips & tricks
- Use a high quality ceremonial grade matcha powder. The matcha powder you use in a matcha latte is very important. The flavour of the matcha shines when there are only a few ingredients. Use a matcha powder meant for drinking that has a vibrant green colour and sweet taste.
- Use fresh, ripe mangoes. I highly recommend using fresh mangoes because they have a stronger mango flavour, more sweetness, and a vibrant orange-yellow colour. Frozen mangoes are often frozen before they're ripe so they tend to be sour and pale in colour.
Frequently asked questions
Matcha goes well with fruity flavours such as mango, strawberry, and blueberry. Other flavours that work well with the earthy flavour of matcha are vanilla, white chocolate, black sesame, red bean, coconut, pistachio, and macadamia nut.
Mango matcha is the perfect balance of fruity and earthy with just the right amount of sweetness. The mango takes away any bitterness of the matcha while the matcha mellows out the mango.
More matcha recipes to try
- Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Whipped Matcha Latte
- Matcha Tiramisu
- Matcha Madeleines
- Matcha Ice Cream (No-Churn)
- Matcha Strawberry Cake
- Matcha White Chocolate Cookies
Mango Matcha Latte
- 1 small mango, peeled & cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 oz hot water
- 1 teaspoon liquid sweetener (e.g. honey, agave)
- 6 oz milk
- In a personal blender cup, blend mango chunks until pureed. Set aside.
- Sift matcha powder into a small bowl. Add hot water and whisk for 15-20 seconds until foamy. Add the sweetener.
- Fill your glass about ¼ full with the mango puree. Add ice. Pour in milk until almost full and finish by pouring matcha on top. Stir together before enjoying!