This sweet and tangy cranberry apple mojito will be a favourite at your holiday table. It looks beautifully festive, tastes delicious, and is the perfect Fall & Winter twist on a fruity cocktail.
This post was sponsored by my favourite place for entertaining and homeware essentials, Crate & Barrel, to help give you inspiration for your own Thanksgiving menu.
High on my holiday entertaining drink menu this year is this cranberry apple mojito. As someone who prefers sweet, fun cocktails, this mojito makes me forget that I'm drinking alcohol at all.
The cranberry and apple juices make this mojito sweet, the lime juice makes it tangy, the muddled mint leaves make it fragrant, and the rum adds warmth to round out all the fruity flavours.
What you will need
- Mint leaves
- White rum
- Cranberry juice
- Apple juice
- Lime juice
- Club soda
- Fresh cranberries and apple slices to garnish
Barware & Glassware
To make this cocktail, I used my trusty stainless steel jigger to make measuring out 1oz and 2oz pours of liquid a breeze. I measure everything with this, including the juices and club soda. You can pour those shots directly into highball glasses or into a large cocktail mixing glass if you're making a big batch of mojitos.
I love this gold bar spoon with muddler for mixing everything together. It's super long for large glasses and when you flip it over, you have a mini muddler for crushing those mint leaves.
I served these mojitos on pretty alabaster coasters to catch drips from this bright cocktail and a heavy duty wood & marble inlay serving board that doubles as a work station for prep work.
How to make a cranberry apple mojito
To make individual mojitos by the glass:
- Muddle: Add mint leaves and rum to a glass. Use a muddler to press and twist the mint leaves a few times to release their juices.
- Add lots of ice: Fill the glass with ice all the way to the top.
- Stir it all together: Add the cranberry juice, apple juice, lime juice, and club soda and quickly stir to mix.
- Garnish: Pop in a few whole fresh cranberries, apple slices, and some more mint to garnish.
To make a batch of mojitos in advance:
- Scale it up: Multiply the recipe by the number of glasses you want to serve. Add that amount of mint and rum to a large mixing glass and muddle.
- Mix the juices: Add cranberry juice, apple juice, and lime juice to the mixing glass. Stir it together and set aside in the fridge until you're ready to make the cocktails.
- When you're ready to serve: Fill each glass full with ice and pour the pre-mixed cocktail to fill the glass about ¾ full.
- Top up: Top off each glass with club soda until full. You want to leave this until just before serving so that the cocktail stays bubbly.
- Garnish: Top with fresh cranberries, apple slices, and mint.
How to serve your cranberry apple mojitos
Mojitos are typically served in high ball glasses. These are tall, narrow glasses that hold about 10-15oz of fluid and a double shot of liquor, including ice piled up high.
For these cranberry apple mojitos, I used the Hue glasses from Crate & Barrel to showcase the bright, festive colour and to leave plenty of room for garnishes. The cranberries and mint seen from the side of the glass are so pretty and add dimension to the drink, almost like a sangria.
Garnishes really help to level up your cocktail. Have fun with them! The fresh cranberries, thin apple slices, and extra mint peeking out of the top of the drink turn a simple drink into an eyecatcher that all your guests will want.
More delicious cocktails to try
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian
- Strawberry Soju Cocktail
- Mango Melona Soju Cocktail
- Strawberry Mojito (from Burrata and Bubbles)
If you made this recipe, I would love to see it! Be sure to post a photo of it and @teakandthyme and @crateandbarrelcanada!
Cranberry Apple Mojito
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz apple juice
- 1 oz lime juice (about ½ a lime)
- 3 oz club soda
- fresh cranberries, apple slices, mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a high ball glass, add the mint leaves and rum.
- With a muddler, press down on the mint leaves and gently twist a few times until they release their juices.
- Fill the glass full with ice.
- Add the cranberry juice, apple juice, lime juice, and club soda and stir to mix.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, apple slices, and more mint.
These cranberry apple mojitos sound absolutely delicious! What a fantastic cocktail to make for holiday parties!
Thanks so much Jenni! I'll definitely be bringing them out at all my holiday events this year!
Wow! This cocktail has Christmas holiday parties written all over it! I can’t wait to try it out! Yum!
Thanks Jess! These would be perfect for holiday parties! I hope you love them!
I'm a huge fan of cranberry and apple together, and of course, mojitos are delicious, so I know I would love this recipe. Plus, I love Crate and Barrel and your photos are so lovely!
Thanks so much Leanne! These drinks and barware are photogenic on their own - makes my job so easy!
We love a Christmas morning cocktail and this is going to be the one! It looks gorgeous and festive and it's all my favourite things! I especially love mint in drinks!
This would be PERFECT for Christmas brunch! Thanks so much!
This cranberry and apple mojito cocktail will get me throug the Fall & Winter holidays for sure!
Same, it's the only way I'll be able to get through the cold and snow this season!!
I did a "taste test"... you know, for quality control HA! And I'm happy to announce that these will be on the Thanksgiving menu! They are fantastic. So pretty, delicious, and such a treat!
Yay! I'm so happy to heat that, Candice!! Everyone will LOVE them!
This looks so refreshing and so quenching! Love that you have used cranberries, makes it so seasonal and perfect for this time of the year! Beautiful photos too!
Thanks so much Anna! I can't get enough of cranberries this season!
I love mojitos! I can't wait to make this seasonal version (now i can have them all year round!)
Thanks Heather! Exactly! They are perfect any time of year!