This sweet and tangy cranberry apple mojito will be a favourite at your holiday table. It looks beautifully festive, tastes delicious, and is the perfect Fall & Winter twist on a fruity cocktail.
This post was sponsored by my favourite place for entertaining and homeware essentials, Crate & Barrel, to help give you inspiration for your own Thanksgiving menu.
High on my holiday entertaining drink menu this year is this cranberry apple mojito. As someone who prefers sweet, fun cocktails, this mojito makes me forget that I’m drinking alcohol at all.
The cranberry and apple juices make this mojito sweet, the lime juice makes it tangy, the muddled mint leaves make it fragrant, and the rum adds warmth to round out all the fruity flavours.
What you will need
- Mint leaves
- White rum
- Cranberry juice
- Apple juice
- Lime juice
- Club soda
- Fresh cranberries and apple slices to garnish
Barware & Glassware
To make this cocktail, I used my trusty stainless steel jigger to make measuring out 1oz and 2oz pours of liquid a breeze. I measure everything with this, including the juices and club soda. You can pour those shots directly into highball glasses or into a large cocktail mixing glass if you’re making a big batch of mojitos.
I love this gold bar spoon with muddler for mixing everything together. It’s super long for large glasses and when you flip it over, you have a mini muddler for crushing those mint leaves.
How to make a cranberry apple mojito
To make individual mojitos by the glass:
- Muddle: Add mint leaves and rum to a glass. Use a muddler to press and twist the mint leaves a few times to release their juices.
- Add lots of ice: Fill the glass with ice all the way to the top.
- Stir it all together: Add the cranberry juice, apple juice, lime juice, and club soda and quickly stir to mix.
- Garnish: Pop in a few whole fresh cranberries, apple slices, and some more mint to garnish.
To make a batch of mojitos in advance:
- Scale it up: Multiply the recipe by the number of glasses you want to serve. Add that amount of mint and rum to a large mixing glass and muddle.
- Mix the juices: Add cranberry juice, apple juice, and lime juice to the mixing glass. Stir it together and set aside in the fridge until you’re ready to make the cocktails.
- When you’re ready to serve: Fill each glass full with ice and pour the pre-mixed cocktail to fill the glass about 3/4 full.
- Top up: Top off each glass with club soda until full. You want to leave this until just before serving so that the cocktail stays bubbly.
- Garnish: Top with fresh cranberries, apple slices, and mint.
How to serve your cranberry apple mojitos
Mojitos are typically served in high ball glasses. These are tall, narrow glasses that hold about 10-15oz of fluid and a double shot of liquor, including ice piled up high.
For these cranberry apple mojitos, I used the Hue glasses from Crate & Barrel to showcase the bright, festive colour and to leave plenty of room for garnishes. The cranberries and mint seen from the side of the glass are so pretty and add dimension to the drink, almost like a sangria.
Garnishes really help to level up your cocktail. Have fun with them! The fresh cranberries, thin apple slices, and extra mint peeking out of the top of the drink turn a simple drink into an eyecatcher that all your guests will want.
Other Thanksgiving menu ideas
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian
- Chai Spice Cupcakes
- Spiced Apple Cake with Salted Maple Caramel
- Pumpkin Swiss Roll
- Pumpkin Crepe Cake
- Easy Homemade Caramel Sauce
This sweet and tangy cranberry apple mojito cocktail will be a favourite at your holiday table. It’s a fruity and fun way to use white rum in a festive, easy-drinking cocktail.
- 5–8 mint leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz apple juice
- 1 oz lime juice (about 1/2 a lime)
- 3 oz club soda
- Garnish: fresh cranberries, apple slices, mint
- In a high ball glass, add the mint leaves and rum.
- With a muddler, press down on the mint leaves and gently twist a few times until they release their juices.
- Fill the glass full with ice.
- Add the cranberry juice, apple juice, lime juice, and club soda and stir to mix.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, apple slices, and more mint.
Keywords: cranberry apple mojito, thanksgiving cocktails, fall cocktails, thanksgiving cocktail recipes