These mini strawberry lemon curd tartlets are made with a shortcrust pastry tart shell baked in a muffin pan, filled with tangy lemon curd, and topped with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
- 120g powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350g all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 90g granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50g unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- strawberries, roughly chopped
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together powdered sugar and salt.
- Add softened butter and cream together with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and cream together until smooth.
- With the mixer on low speed, mix in the flour until no large dry patches of flour remain. Don't overmix!
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and form into a flattened disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350F. Let the dough sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften enough to roll it out.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to be about 1/8" thick.
- With a 3" circular cookie cutter, cut out circles of dough. Place each circle off dough into a muffin pan and gently press the dough into each mold.
- Insert cupcake liners into each muffin mold and fill with pie weights or uncooked rice or beans.
- Bake tart shells for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing the tart shells from the muffin pan.
- In a small pot, whisk together eggs and sugar until it becomes a paste.
- Add in the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat while stirring continuously. The mixture will start to thicken after about 5 minutes.
- When the lemon curd is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in one cube of butter at a time until all the butter is melted and thoroughly combined.
- Transfer lemon curd to a small bowl to cool completely.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of lemon curd into each tartlet shell. Top with strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Both the baked tartlet shells and lemon curd can be made a day in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Assemble the tartlets when ready to serve.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon curd tartlets, mini lemon tarts, lemon tartlets, lemon tart recipe, lemon curd recipe, mini tarts in mufin pan