Rich and creamy layered pumpkin panna cotta dessert that's easy to make ahead and keeps well in the fridge for Fall pumpkin cravings
- 200g milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 200g whipping cream
- 120g pumpkin puree
- 125g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Fill a small bowl with cold milk and sprinkle the gelatin powder on top. Let the gelatin bloom for 5 minutes until it absorbs the milk and becomes a gel-like mass.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, whisk together the whipping cream, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves until smooth. Bring this mixture to a simmer on low-medium heat. Once small bubbles start forming at the surface, stir in the bloomed gelatin and milk mixture until it completely dissolves.
- Pour pumpkin panna cotta into serving glasses and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes or longer until set. The texture should be firm to the touch but a little wobbly when shaken.
- Vanilla Panna Cotta: Same method as the pumpkin panna cotta except without the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices. Bloom 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin powder in 300g milk. Heat 300g whipping cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract to a simmer and stir in the bloomed gelatin and milk mixture until dissolved.
- To make a layered panna cotta: Fill small bowls with rice and place serving glasses in the bowls at a tilted angle (optional). Pour in your first layer of panna cotta and chill for 15-30 minutes. Turn the glass to a different angle (optional) and pour in the second layer and chill again. Repeat and alternate the pumpkin and vanilla layers until you're happy with the look.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pumpkin panna cotta, vanilla panna cotta, panna cotta, pumpkin dessert, layered panna cotta