This mille pumpkin crepe cake is beautifully layered with alternating layers of thin pumpkin crepes and cinnamon whipped cream, making it a perfect elegant Fall dessert.
- 4 large eggs
- 185 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 70 g granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 70 g butter, melted & cooled
- 615g pumpkin puree
- 500 mL milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 500 mL whipping cream
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and gently whisk to loosen.
- With a sieve, sift flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice into the eggs.
- Add sugar and salt and mix until combined.
- Add melted butter and mix.
- Add pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour batter through a sieve to remove any chunks. This may take a couple minutes to push through the pumpkin puree, just keep scraping!
- Heat a medium pan on medium heat. The pan is at the right temperature when it sizzles immediately when the batter hits it.
- Add a teaspoon of cooking oil to the pan and gently wipe away with a paper towel, leaving only a thin film of oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ladle, scoop batter and pour into the pan. Quickly swirl the pan in a circle until the batter coats the entire bottom of the pan and creates a large circle. Stop swirling and return to heat when the batter stops “running”, about 4-5 seconds. You may need to adjust your heat if the batter cooks too quickly or too slowly.
- Cook for about 1-2 mins on one side. Flip with a spatula when the edges of the crepe begin to lift off the pan and cook for another 30 seconds-1 min on the other side.
- Remove from heat and place on a tray or parchment to cool completely.
- Repeat steps 8-11 until you use up all the batter.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together whipping cream, sugars, vanilla, and cinnamon until it becomes thick and fluffy.
Assembling the crepe cake
- Lay down one crepe on a cake plate or stand.
- Drop a mound of whipped cream on top and spread evenly with an offset spatula, leaving about 1-2cm of the outer edge of the crepe empty.
- Layer another crepe on top and repeat until you’ve used all the crepes.
- Press down on the cake gently (you can also do this after each crepe layer) to mesh the layers of crepe and cream together.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Dust the top of the cake with icing sugar or a mixture of cinnamon and sugar before serving.
Keywords: pumpkin crepe cake, crepe cake, mille crepe cake, fall dessert recipe, crepe cake recipe