These mini no-bake matcha cheesecakes pair a creamy matcha filling with a crunchy oreo cookie crust and whipped cream topping
- 150g oreo cookies, crushed (about 9 whole oreos)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon matcha powder
- 150g whipping cream
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 50g greek yogurt
- 100g powdered sugar
Whipped Cream Topping
- 300g whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a muffin pan with parchment muffin/cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed oreo cookies, salt, and melted butter until it becomes the texture of wet sand.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of this mixture into each cupcake liner and firmly press it down with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the matcha powder and whipping cream, one tablespoon at a time until it becomes a smooth paste with no lumps of matcha. Pour in the rest of the whipping cream and use an hand mixer or stand mixer to whip until it becomes stiff peaks.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, greek yogurt, and powdered sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold half of the matcha cream into the cream cheese mixture with a silicone spatula. Fold in the rest of the matcha cream until the mixture becomes airy and smooth and no streaks remain. Be gentle with your folding motion as you don’t want to deflate the whipped cream too much.
- Spoon this cheesecake mixture into your cupcake liners on top of the oreo crust. Fill the liner almost all the way to the top and gently smooth out the surface.
Whipped Cream Topping
- In a large mixing bowl, whip together whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer or stand mixer until it becomes stiff peaks. Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a decorative piping tip.
- Pipe rosettes on top of the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle with some extra crushed oreos, if desired.
- Chill cheesecake in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When serving, let cheesecakes rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes or in the fridge for 20-25 minutes before eating.
- This recipe makes 10-12 mini cheesecakes or one 6-8″ cheesecake.
- Note that a larger cheesecake will need a longer setting time. Extend the crust up along the sides of the tart pan to help hold the filling in rather than only on the bottom.
Keywords: no bake matcha cheesecake, mini matcha cheesecake, matcha cheesecake, mini cheesecakes