Easy homemade lemon curd that’s sweet, tart, and luscious. You’ll want to put it on everything or just attack it with a spoon.
- 2 large eggs
- 90g granulated sugar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 50g unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a small saucepan. Mix in lemon juice and heat on medium heat while stirring constantly.
- The mixture will begin to thicken after 7-10 minutes. When it becomes opaque and custard-like, stir in the butter until it melts into the curd, one cube at a time.
- When all the butter is combined, do a streak test by scraping a spatula across the pan through the curd. If the curd parts on both sides and slowly comes back together after 1 second, the lemon curd is ready.
- Push the curd through a fine mesh sieve to get rid of any pieces of cooked egg or lemon seeds that may have gotten in there for a super smooth curd. Transfer to a glass jar to cool completely before storing in the fridge.
Keywords: lemon curd, lemon curd recipe, how to make lemon curd, lemon filling