My favourite classic, moist banana bread marbled with swirls of dark chocolate running throughout. What’s not to love?
- 3 large very ripe bananas (about 400g mashed)
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 150g greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas until only a few small chunks remain. Add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, melted butter, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract and whisk together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold together with a spatula until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Separate out about 300g of batter into a separate small bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan on low-medium heat or microwave, melt the dark chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate into the small bowl of batter that you separated out and quickly mix together.
- Pour half of the banana bread batter into the loaf tin and spoon blobs of chocolate batter on top. Repeat until you use up both batters. Use a chopstick or knife to swirl the batters together.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Let the banana bread cool for at least 10-15 minutes before removing from the baking tin and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Keywords: chocolate swirl banana bread, chocolate banana bread, marbled banana bread, chocolate marble banana bread