This caramel apple crisp consists of a layer of juicy apples, oozing with caramel sauce, underneath a layer of crisp oat crumble. Don’t forget to enjoy this with a scoop or two of ice cream.
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 100g all purpose flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 50g brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large baking dish, layer the apples on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and vanilla extract over the apples and roughly toss to coat.
- Pour caramel sauce evenly over top of the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and butter. Use fingers to break butter pieces apart and rub mixture together until it forms a crumble. Distribute across surface of the apples.
- Bake for 45-50 mins. Serve while warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Keywords: caramel apple crisp recipe, easy apple crisp, caramel apple crumble