These boba milk tea popsicles are a refreshing way to enjoy milk tea bubble tea with chewy hand-rolled pearls as a frozen treat
- 75g glutinous rice flour
- 40g brown sugar
- 60ml hot water
Brown Sugar Syrup
- 75g brown sugar
- 75g water
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 black tea bags
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot. Add in the tea bags and remove the pot from the heat. Cover with a lid and steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard the used tea bags. Return the pot of tea to medium heat and add the brown sugar.
- Stir occasionally and heat for 3-5 minutes or until all the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the glutinous rice flour, brown sugar, and hot water until it becomes a thick, sticky paste.
- Thoroughly flour hands and fingers and pinch off small bits of dough. Roll into balls between your fingers and toss rolled pearls in a bowl with glutinous rice flour to coat.
- Add finished pearls to a small pot of boiling water and stir. The water will bubbly up briefly after a minute. Boil until the pearls float to the surface, about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the cooked pearls from the water and return them to the empty pot or a small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and water to the pearls and heat on medium heat. Let the brown sugar syrup boil for 5-10 minutes until it thickens and coats the pearls.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of pearls to each popsicle mould. Fill the rest of the mould with milk tea. Give the pearls a stir as you insert each popsicle stick.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, run the sides of the popsicle mould under warm water to loosen popsicles.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: Taiwanese
Keywords: boba milk tea popsicles, bubble tea popsicles, boba popsicles, milk tea popsicles